Project Operations Manager
Brandmovers is a fast-growing digital engagement agency focusing on building compelling promotions for companies such as Disney, Johnson & Johnson, and Chiquita. We specialize in developing digital experiences that connect brands with consumers in new and exciting ways, through web, mobile and social interactions.
Brandmovers is growing rapidly, and we looking to add to our Atlanta-based team. We are searching for a driven, high-performing Project Operations Manager to bring process and management to our design, development and social teams. The Project Operations Manager will be responsible for managing and trafficking our most important human capital across multiple projects. It will be your job to make sure that the right people are working on the right work at the right time to deliver great results for our clients. You’ll have ownership over a number of functions at Brandmovers, and will be asked to:
- Develop project timelines – to ensure on-time delivery of projects. Project timelines will lay out the individual tasks of each project, and determine who is working on what when.
- Schedule internal and external resources against client projects – to make sure the right people are working on the right thing at the right time
- Manage project estimating – so that we are accurately pricing new business and have the resources available for the work
- Manage overall agency resource/staffing model – Is everyone allocated appropriately? Do we have unused bandwidth, and how should we deploy it?
- Work with senior leadership to identify staffing needs – Do we have the right number of people, in the right roles, at the right time? What additional resources do we need next week? Next month?
- Reporting of project health and team utilization to senior management – provide insight and visibility to senior management as to our current resource utilization. Raise flags when we are coming up on periods where people will be stretched too thin, and when there are needs to increase staff. Provide project burn-down reports, budgeted v. actuals, etc.
The Project Operations Manager will report directly to the CEO, and will interface closely with the Account Management, Development, Creative and Finance teams.You will also be responsible for helping to define and refine the processes and procedures to make sure that things happen smoothly.
The Project Operations Manager will be on the front line when there are problems, issues or changes in timeline. You’ll work closely across disciplines to handle unexpected changes in project plans, last-minute client requests and surprise resource changes. We need a flexible, adaptable, process-oriented individual who can think on their feet and keep a cool head in the chaos.
You are the glue that holds everything together.
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a project management or operations role, with ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Experience in a digital environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver
- Organized, with the ability to bring order to the chaos
- Experience kicking ass in a dynamic work environment